Sunday, November 16, 2008

A Kidnap Breakfast

I remember I had a Kidnap Breakfast Party for both my tenth and eleventh birthdays. It was all the rage back then. My parents would drive me around on a Saturday morning (at like 6:30 a.m.) so I could wake up and kidnap my friends in their pajamas (usually comfortably asleep in their beds) to come back to my house for breakfast and cake. Can you imagine finding this fun now? Well, this kidnap breakfast was a little different. My sister-in-law, Celeste, came to kidnap me at 10 a.m. Fortunately I was already dressed and out of my pajamas. There's something cute about a bunch of ten-year-old girls dressed in their pj's, but it's a little different when you're 28. We did eat breakfast, but instead of having cake we drank Bloody Marys. They were delicious. Afterward we went to get pedicures. My feet actually look pretty and that is an extremely rare occurrence. It was a real treat. Thanks C-Buck!

Later on Saturday we headed to the LaSala's house for a Thanksgiving Cooking Club. It's usually a girls only club, but we decided to be nice and share our delicious food with the guys this time as well. Knute is typically stuck with a turkey sandwich or microwave dinner on cooking club nights and I think he was glad to be included. It was so much fun! Amy is an incredible host. Everything always looks perfect, like a spread from a Martha Stewart magazine. It's never a good idea to offer to host cooking club after Amy. She even provided us with a fashion show for our after dinner entertainment.

Unfortunately I didn't get any pictures of all the fun we had, but I did manage to take a shot of Ellie's three future friends. Not the pretty ladies, but their cute little baby bumps.

I feel like I basically ate my way through a Saturday, but I had fun doing it.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Heather said...

You are so lucky to have such a wonderful and thoughtful sister-in-law. That was so nice of Celeste.
I loved kidnapping in middle school. Brings back fun memories.

Anonymous said...

Hello!! I was there too.. I cannot believe you forgot about me :( jk

Kel