Wednesday, February 10, 2010

February Randomness

I have felt kind of boring this month. Just the usual daily happenings and routine. When I can't think of anything specific to blog about (which hasn't been much lately) I always find it easiest to use bullets. So here you go:

*We (as in Ellie) have had every kind of chest cold, ear infection, etc. run through the house this month. This meant a lack of sleep, a lot of crying, and plenty of Elmo. Fortunately, we're fully recovered now (which means a very happy mom and dad).

*I found a dead rat in the backyard last week while we were playing. It was fat with a huge tail (I'm not exaggerating). I panicked. I couldn't find a shovel, so I grabbed a rake. It's lifeless body dangled from the rake as I carried it from the backyard to the trash can on the side of the house. I'm still a little traumatized.

*I have become pretty busy in an organization called BVA (I don't want my blog to pop up in a Google search). It's a nonprofit volunteer organization that supports children's literacy through a Tutorial program. I am on the Auction committee, which basically means I get to call around and solicit restaurants for donations. I get turned down a lot. One day I even dressed Ellie up really cute and we walked from restaurant to restaurant in downtown Walnut Creek. We still got turned down. How could anyone say no to her little face? Anyways, please let me know if you have buckets of money you don't know what to do with and you'd like to donate it. Maybe you'd like to know what BVA stands for first?

*What is the deal with Yo Gabba Gabba? I don't get it. I hear it's the latest craze, but quite frankly it kind of creeped me out. I know I'm not exactly their target audience, but I still have to watch the stuff too. I find Elmo way more entertaining (if anyone cares).

*American Idol and The Bachelor are currently my favorite shows. I'm a little embarassed to say that I still am hooked on The Bachelor, but I figure I should come clean. TV is a great thing in February.

That's all the randomness I can think of at the moment. Last, but not least, I leave you (whoever you are) a few recent pictures:



Knute wanted to spend a Father-Daughter afternoon with Ellie. He took her to Pier 39 to see the Aquarium, ride the Merry-Go-Round, and eat junk. I was a little bummed to miss out on the fun, but it was nice to spend an afternoon watching some high quality Lifetime movies. There I go talking about tv again...
This is Ellie and Rudy's favorite hang out spot (our bed, which gets smaller by the day). They like to shed dog hair and dump out dry cereal all over it.
Ellie enjoys "grooming" Rudy. She even wipes off his paws.

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

February has been a boring month for us too. I love seeing Ellie and Rudy together. You can see the love! :)