Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Think Blue

This is a 3D picture of the little guy. You can see part of his face, neck, and chest. Unfortunately, he is partly obstructed by the placenta. Is that weird to say? He is a bit gaunt looking, but I'm sure he will fatten up these last few months.

I mentioned I was pregnant, right? This poor, little fetus gets no blog love. Well, this one is of a different species then my first...the male kind. We are very excited to be expecting a baby boy! He looked great from our ultrasound. He looked like a boy should. I wasn't too shocked since previous ultrasounds seemed to indicate that it was a boy, but Knute refused to believe it until he saw the official "boy" shot.

No, we don't have a name yet. Yes, we are open to suggestions, but please don't be offended if I tell you your idea is just plain stupid. I'm only kidding of course (sort of). Knute and I are currently at a stand still when it comes to names. He likes traditional. I used to like traditional names, but have veered away from them recently. I'm sure we will eventually come up with something we both love and agree on. Either I will go back to traditional again or vs. versa. This is where someone is supposed to comment that I should be able to choose the name after carrying the child for nine months, right? After enduring the sleepless nights, the morning sickness, the swollen ankles, the excess weight, the ongoing feeling of general discomfort, the moodiness, the gross unmentionables, etc. The pain of labor....OH THE PAIN!!!! To top all this off, I don't even get to drink wine!!! Don't you think, after having been through all this, I should be able to pick out a name?

Anyways, I have other updates, but I will save them for a later time. Someone absolutely wonderful and special to me turned two years old, but for one entry I had to let her brother have his moment to shine. After all, she'll have to get used to not always being in the spotlight.

3 comments:

tuesday27 said...

I can't wait to meet my NEPHEW!!! I love him already...and his mom, dad and sister too of course :)

Heather said...

What a handsome little man. So exciting. Yes, the name game is not fun but I do believe that the mom should be the ultimate judge. Good Luck!

Jacquie said...

I've learned very quickly after 4 little ones & one on the way that you & Knute will know the perfect name for your "little man" when you both smile at the choice...suggestion-keep the name a secret and you won't hear what everyone has to say..Happy Name Hunting!