Thursday, October 27, 2011

5 Years


We celebrated our Five Year Wedding Anniversary on September 30th. For people who have been married 10, 20, 35 years, maybe this doesn't seem like such a big deal, but we enjoyed it anyways. My sweet husband surprised me with dinner at Ruby Hill, where we had our Wedding Reception. He even included a replica of my bouquet and a scaled down version of our cake. I was emotional and beyond surprised, but I think everyone is sick of hearing me talk about it.

My parents and in-laws were extremely generous in watching Tate and Ellie while we took a five day vacation to Cabo San Lucas. Honestly, we may have had more fun then the actual Honeymoon we took to St. Kitts and Nevis. We were able to truly appreciate what it's like to completely unwind and relax. That wasn't such a novelty to us when we were newlyweds. I could pretty much take a long bubble bath and settle into a good book any night I wanted. That's not exactly the case anymore.

Honestly, I think the reason we made our 5 year Anniversary so special is because we're in a satisfying place. No, it hasn't always been easy and we've definitely had some challenging times in our marriage, but you don't want to hear about that, right? Ha! We have been blessed with two wonderful, healthy children that we get to celebrate the small joys of life with every day. Five years feels pretty good.

2 comments:

tuesday27 said...

I'm so happy you've been my sister-in-law for 5 years!!! Love you P!

harada57 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.