Monday, March 2, 2009

Wicked!

[Insert evil cackle of a laugh here]. My friend Lindsay oh-so-generously offered me a free ticket to see the show "Wicked" with her at the Orpheum last Saturday night. Fortunately for me, her brother was unable to go. I only had about two hours notice, which didn't help with my "I never have anything to wear" issue, but I was too excited to care. I have been wanting to see this show ever since I heard about it over two years ago. I am a sucker for musicals! I told Knute that it was comparable to him being offered court side seats to a Warriors game.

We had a delicious and extremely garlicky Mediterranean dinner before heading over to the theater. The seats were incredible, the company delightful, and the show was beyond entertaining. I would highly recommend it to anyone, like me, who can't resist a great performance. It makes you want to jump out of your seat and break into song and dance (a very scary thought). Now I can finally retire my Jersey Boys CD that I've been playing in the car for almost three years.

No comments: