Sunday, March 29, 2009

Park Hopping

This is an old picture, but we've temporarily misplaced the battery charger for our camera.

In college, we used to go "bar hopping." I'm not to sure what we were in search of, but we would aimlessly hop from bar to bar until they closed and we had to be dragged out kicking and screaming. Sometimes we would buy a diet coke and then head into the bathroom to mix in an itty-bitty bottle of rum that we had concealed in our purse. Other times we would bat our heavily made up eyes and get nice boys to buy us drinks. I realize now that this sounds pretty desperate, but we always had great stories the next day. That was then. These days, Ellie and I are busy park hopping. Yeah, it's pretty intense. Sometimes we go just the two of us. Other times we meet friends. On Tuesdays, my Mom's group has a whole park schedule where we rotate to a new park every week. On the weekends, Knute is lucky enough to join in on the fun. We pack a picnic lunch and away we go! My little Earth Muffin loves being outdoors, and because shopping trips to Broadway Plaza are off limits these days, this is a good, cheap way to have a nice time (at least I have convinced myself of this). Let me know if you would like to join in our adventures in park hopping. We love new recruits!

*If someone had told me a year ago that this is what I would be blogging about, I would have laughed in their face.

4 comments:

Jennifer said...

Maddie and I would love to join you! We park hop all the time :)

tuesday27 said...

You know I'm always in for park hopping!

Heather said...

Give me another week and I'll be ready to join the park hopping circuit. The weather is so amazing right now, hope it stays this way.

Scott McMillan said...

We would love to join in on the fun.