Sunday, May 10, 2009

First Mother's Day

It was 10 months and 16 days ago that I had the great pleasure of becoming a Mother. Elizabeth, thank you for blessing me with one of life's greatest gifts. Thank you for bringing so much joy, love, tears, dirt, and laughter to our home. Thank you for being the wonderful and lovely daughter that you are. Because of you, I am a better person. Because of you, I lead a much richer life.*Ellie has a new obsession with dirt. Yes, dirt. She likes to go outside and throw around bark. I think she would do it for over an hour if I let her. I thought that when you had a girl they would love baby dolls, but my daughter is more interested in dirt.

2 comments:

Heather said...

Your little Ellie is a wonderful reflection of the amazing mom that you are. I just love you two so much. Happy Mother's Day!

Jennifer said...

Hope you had a wonderful mother's day :) I love that your little girl is in to dirt!!