Thursday, June 18, 2009

A Year in the Life

Ellie's first year of life will draw to a close on June 24th. I've been reflecting a lot about it this last week. Although I'm excited to see what the next year has in store, it makes me a little sad to say goodbye to a year filled with firsts. I realize that I'm probably being a bit dramatic, but this is my BABY.

Looking Back...

June. Taking your first bath at John Muir Hospital. We would spend hours staring at you in amazement. I thought you were the most breathtaking sight I ever saw.

July. Your hair is so dark and spiky. I almost wouldn't recognize you.

August. Here you are celebrating Dad's 30th Birthday in Aptos. It was your first trip to the beach.September. What a little Peanut! You started to enjoy your Bumbo seat. Your sweet personality really started to emerge.

October. We dressed you up as a Dalmation for Halloween, but most people thought you were a Cow. I think you wore that hat a total of 10 minutes.

November. The spiky hair I loved so much began to relax. You went through a big growth spurt and started to get "rubber band" wrists.

December. Here you are for a night out in the city! You are always the life of our party.

January. Your hair started to get blonder. Do I talk about your hair a lot? Here you are eating Saltine crackers. They were your favorite at the time.

February. You were my funny Valentine.

March. We took our first vacation as a family to Hawaii. You weren't really interested in relaxing on the beach, but enjoyed looking at the fish in the hotel lobby.

April. I dyed you two dozen Easter Eggs and you could have cared less, but you sure were happy!
May. You started to look more like a "big girl" and less like a baby.

June. We've come almost full circle now. This is where you enjoy spending the majority of your day (outside).

Wherever did the time go???

2 comments:

tuesday27 said...

A wonderful trip down memory lane!

Heather said...

I love your recap of the 1st year. Amazing that Ellie is one year old. She truly is the sweetest, happiest baby and such a delight to always be around. I just love her so much. Happy Birthday Ellie. Can't wait to celebrate your 1st year.