Sunday, August 16, 2009

Little Miss Sunshine

We had good intentions of taking Ellie to Santa Cruz on Saturday for a day at the beach, but some nasty fires had other plans in store for us. That's OK. Instead, we headed about 15 miles west on highway 24 to a lovely little place in the Tilden Regional Park of Berkeley called Lake Anza. I think it's a true hidden gem. It was to me anyway, and Ellie was equally as satisfied as she would have been enjoying any blue ocean. As long as she's outside (which seems to be her element), our little Earth Muffin is a happy camper.

Little Miss Sunshine
A rare photo of two friends sans kiddos...
It just doesn't get any better than a soft serve on a hot August afternoon.
Precious moments.
Daddy's Girl
Ellie and Teddy 'sittin in a tree...


Must all good things come to an end? I am pretty content with freezing my 13-month old forever in time.

1 comment:

Corey said...

I've lived here my whole life, and the only times I have been to Berkeley are when I accidentally wonder out of East Oakland. After seeing your pics, perhaps it's time for me to explore our East Bay's "hidden gem" as well.