Thursday, January 13, 2011

Ringing In...A Little Late

It's a rare moment. Both kids are napping and I am sitting at my desk sipping hot tea. Yes, tea. I figure it's better then my addiction to Diet Pepsi. Oh, I have one of those going too. There is so much to say, but.......I hear Ellie. Nap time is over.
*
*
*
I figure the Wiggles can occupy her for 22 minutes. Yes, she probably watches too much TV these days. Please don't judge. It's a rainy Thursday afternoon. What else is there to do? Make cookies? Read books? Paint? Yes, these are all great ideas too.

Life is good and crazy. Two keeps me busy. I was never much into multi-tasking, but I have had to learn quickly. It constantly amazes me what I can do with only one arm. No, it's probably not always safe. The days go by so quickly. I can't believe Tate is already two months old. This reminds me that I need to take more pictures. I may have already mentioned that, but it is a constant goal of mine. One I can't seem to accomplish nonetheless.

The holidays are a blur, a fun blur. My parents came to visit from Dallas for Christmas. Ellie and Tate were spoiled to death. It was a very special time for everyone. I maintained my sanity by not cooking anything, but there were still plenty of yummy treats. I threw all the sweets out once everyone had left. I was pretty convinced that Ellie had become addicted to sugar and she wound up with stomach "issues" for several days. I hadn't been paying attention to what she had been eating. I felt like a bad mom. Now our house is full of healthy snacks. Don't get me wrong, I keep Popsicles in the freezer and Cheese Nips in the pantry. I use the word "healthy" very loosely. I discovered stale airheads left over from Halloween and chose to save them for myself. Gross. I'm not sure where I was going with that...

Tate is still dreamy. He enjoys sleeping and when he's awake he gives me big, gummy smiles. I like to smell his sweet head. Ellie tries to keep him entertained by bringing him stuffed animals and making sure he always has his "bink." I am in love with my two little people.

That's all for now...









No comments: