Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Little Happenings

I've been a little uninspired lately. Not really sure why, but I guess I've had a bit of a "Blogger's Block" if you will.

Anyways, here are the little happenings going on in our life:

*My good friend, Jen, visited from Denver last week. She was actually in Sonoma for a work trip and then stayed a couple extra days here. We enjoyed doing what we do best, which usually involves bumming around. She would wake up at about 10:30 each morning and tell me how GREAT she had slept. I was a little bitter.

*We had a nice Easter Sunday with the Bucklew family that involved attending Mass, lunch at our house, and an Easter egg hunt (one for Ellie and one for the big kids). I realize that I'm getting a bit too old for an egg hunt, but I just can't resist those Reese's Peanut Butter eggs. Nothing can make me run so fast. Which brings me to...

*Knute and I have been in a bit of a health kick lately. Knute much more so then me. He's been doing some muscle confusion program. PX90 something. Maybe. It lasts for 90 days and each session is about 60-90 minutes. We work up a sweat in the comfort of our own living room. I join in every so often. I'm trying not to be such an all or nothing type thinker. I like the Yoga and ab exercises. Which also brings me to...

*I'm running a 10k this Sunday in Santa Cruz. I haven't trained for it like I should have. Actually, not really at all. Sometimes when I take Rudy and Ellie for a walk I turn it into a part run, but it doesn't usually last very long. I'm pretty nervous about Sunday to say the least.

*I'm sort of starting a new hobby. About a week ago my Father-In-Law,Mark, showed up at our front door with a packet titled "The Garden Helper." I really wasn't sure what to think of this at first, but now I've kind of embraced it. He told me that he wants to help me grow a garden. I didn't know if I should laugh or cry. I thought that maybe it would be some fleeting idea of his, but last night he showed up with a truck full of gardening soil (I think that's what it was). He said that he would be back tonight to build a fence around the gardening boxes (to keep out Rudy) and rototiller (sp?) the soil. I can't even tell you what a rototiller looks like or what it does. In a couple weeks we are going to plant tomatoes, onions (or whatever my heart desires) and it is MY responsibility to keep them alive. It's kind of a lot of pressure, but I'm actually really looking forward to it. I hope to show up at your front door soon bearing baskets of squash! Please let me in.

*There are two words to describe Ellie these days: BUSY and HAPPY. She learned how to crawl a few weeks ago and has been non-stop ever since. She likes to follow Rudy around the house, climb stairs, play in the trash, and make a mess of just about anything. This, in turn, makes me very busy. Nine months has definitely been my favorite age so far.




1 comment:

Heather said...

Love the new pics and love your new hobby. I wish I had a green thumb, but never had much luck with it. Can't wait to see you tomorrow and cheers a nice big glass of wine.