Monday, May 26, 2008

All By Myself!

Knute left early Friday morning for a Bachelor trip to Vegas over the long weekend. I had been feeling really sad about him leaving and not looking forward to it all week. He only has to travel once a year for work, so I have become accustomed to always having him here. Eventually I toughened up and decided to take advantage of some alone time (my last in probably a very long time). To my surprise, it turned out to be a very relaxing and pleasant four days that involved the following:

Not making the bed

Spending a ridiculous amount of time putting on makeup and playing with different shades (although I can't say it turned out very different)

Shopping at the Nordstrom Half-Yearly Sale (where I saved money from all the fabulous sales.)

Watching anything I wanted to on TV (typically Forensic Files and Lifetime).

Reading my book until whatever time I wanted to (the light always bothers Knute when he's trying to get to sleep).

Having quality girl time at Amy's house cooking dinner and playing games.

Letting Rudy sleep in the bed and snuggle with me.

Taking Rudy to the Dog Park every morning.

Taking a short trip out to the city to visit Shawn.

Spending two hours in Target walking around with absolutely no purpose.

Having a leisurely lunch with Claudia.

Organizing my photo albums.

Knute will be home in about five hours now and I am definitely looking forward to it. Although I missed him, I really kept myself quite entertained while he was away. I think sometimes good quality alone time is healthy for the soul.

No comments: