Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Where to Begin...


For all three of you who may read my blog, you might have noticed that I haven't posted in a while. Unfortunately, our computer caught several nasty viruses and after a lot of wasted time and frustration we decided to finally get a new one. After our Internet had been up and running for only two days, Dear Rudy decided to chew through the Internet wire (the second time in two months). As you can see from the picture above, he looks quite sweet and innocent, but he is really a Turkey.
Anyways, I thought I would do a little re-cap of the month in pictures. We spent a few days on a little getaway in Palm Springs. Some may call this a "Babymoon," but I'll stick with "Vacation." A man that Knute used to work with generously allowed us to stay in their beautiful vacation home. We had a great time swimming, sunning, eating out, and shopping the outlets. Knute also played a little golf. It's always so nice to get away for a little trip. We came back very relaxed and sunburned.


We celebrated Kelly's 27th birthday at Il Fornaio.

We hosted a Wine Shower for Lex and Aimee, who are getting married on August 2nd!

My mom came in town for my "Ladies Shower" in Mill Valley, hosted by Claudia and her sisters. Fortunately, she came in the same weekend that Knute and I hosted our Wine Shower, so I was able to put her to work. I felt a little guilty about this, but she insists that she likes to help. She has an amazing eye for things and did an incredible job with all the flower arrangements.

The Baby Shower in Mill Valley was so nice and our little girl was spoiled rotten with generous gifts from loved ones!

The following weekend Lindsay hosted a "Girls Shower" at her house in Walnut Creek. We had so much fun! There were plenty of mimosas for everyone (except me).



The lovely hostess.


Cooking Club Girls and Emily.


In other news (not in pictures), our Book Club met at Amy's after reading our first novel, "The Time Traveler's Wife," by Audrey Niffenegger. Now we are onto "Three Cups of Tea," by Greg Mortenson. I'm really looking forward to this one because Claudia and I went to hear him speak back in the fall. Very fascinating man...
Last but not least, Knute and I finished the last of our Childbirth Classes. We learned a lot of helpful and some not-so helpful information such as Infant CPR (helpful) and how to change a diaper (not-so helpful). Overall, it was a great experience and we are feeling pretty (but not totally) prepared.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I finally remembered to check out the blog. I noticed a lack of pictures of me. Work on that and get back to me. Otherwise, I love it!