Monday, October 27, 2008

Chicken Noodle Soup Days

I know she's not exactly a vision of illness, but Ellie hasn't been feeling so hot these last few days. She had her four month shots on Friday and for whatever reason had some kind of adverse reaction to them. She has been vomiting for the last three days and has very little appetite. After talking to the after hours advice nurse from her Pediatrician's office we went to the ER last night for fear of dehydration. I know this sounds a bit extreme (and it probably was), but we were worried sick. Fortunately, we were there for less then two hours and after giving her a few ounces of Pedialyte were on our way. She hasn't thrown up since, but has no appetite and isn't her chipper self. I wish she could rest on the couch and watch movies while I serve her Chicken Noodle Soup and 7-up, but I fear this could make her feel worse at such a young age. Having a sick baby is the worst :(
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Amy and Chad said...

How sad! I hope she feels better soon.

Alix Allocco said...

oh no!!! I am so sorry to hear this. I have yet to experience a sick little one but I know it will come soon. I hope Ellie is feeling better soon.

Jennifer said...

Poor Ellie. :( Hope she feels better soon!

Heather said...

Feel better Ellie. Give her a big hug from me.