Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Knute's Masterpiece

Last night I made Knute carve a pumpkin. It started off as a request, but his response was "I don't like art." I told him that this was one of his new responsibilities as a father. I guess he's going to have to learn to love 'art.' Because he is a smart husband, he did what I asked anyway. After all, what would all of the other four-month old babies think if Ellie's Dad didn't carve her a pumpkin? The above picture is a result of his efforts. After a few choice words and asking if he could start over on the other side (after he had already begun carving), I think he did a pretty descent job for a first timer. Even though the nose is a little questionable, it offers character. Knute may have some serious potential as an artist.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Amy and Chad said...

I think that you should call it Abstract Effort! Let Knute know he has 366 more days to perfect his "effort" before next Halloween.

In all honesty, I am impressed. I bet Ellie is bragging about it to all of her friends.

Unknown said...

P! I love your blog. Although I just made the mistake of looking at in class, and I actually burst out laughing at the pumpkin - not the ideal reaction in a large lecture on family law. I gues the pumpkin's astonishing beauty just made me laugh for some reason. You and Ellie must feel so proud.