Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Visit from Gram

We love visits from Gram! I try to see my parents at least every other month. We switch between visits to Denver and visits here. This time it was my mom's turn to come out (unfortunately, my dad had to work). She is an extremely easy house guest, if you can call her that. I don't stress about having the house perfectly cleaned before she comes, just washed towels and sheets. We typically don't make plans ahead of time, but once she gets her there never seems to be enough hours in the day. Sometimes I save all the little projects I don't want to do for when she visits, like paint a couple bedrooms (which we will never attempt again), sew missing buttons onto things (because I don't know how), rearrange the living room furniture, cook banana bread, make cookies for the neighbors, and the list goes on. Of course we know how to have fun too, although our idea of "fun" may be somewhat different then most people's. If it's a really good TJ Maxx, we can easily kill two hours there. Our latest visit also involved a walk on the Lafayette Reservoir, lunch at Sam's in Tiburon, and a stroll through Sausalito (where we found Ellie her pictured "Lamb" jacket).

1 comment:

Heather said...

Love the shot of the 3 ladies. What a cute trio you ladies make. Glad that you had a nice visit with your mom. Sounds fun.