Sunday, June 22, 2008

Baker Beach


We decided to pack a little picnic lunch and a couple of books and head out to Baker Beach in San Francisco. I really felt the need to escape the heat for a little while. Unfortunately, it wasn't quite the "fun in the sun" I had envisioned. It was extremely cold and foggy, and we looked pretty silly in our flip flops. We ended up having a nice time anyways, even though we didn't stay for too long. The view of the Golden Gate bridge was pretty and I always enjoy a relaxing afternoon with my Hubby. We were also entertained while observing and making fun of the couple getting engagement pictures taken. The photographer kept having them do cheesy things like spell "I love you" with sticks in the sand. Then he would have the guy pick the girl up and take a picture of him stepping out of a wave. It looked like they were trying to copy a scene from "The Notebook," but it was about thirty degrees too cold and there were no Seagulls. I asked Knute if he would carry me out into the ocean, but he said "no." Maybe next time.

Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Heather said...

BRRRR....Looks so cold. Did you get to bring Rudy? We lucked out since the day we went it was 85. Love the comments on the engagement photos.