Thursday, June 12, 2008

Shawn

Last night we had dinner at "The Supper Club" in San Francisco to celebrate Shawn's 27th Birthday. Interesting place...you have dinner in bed. They also have live entertainment while you eat.

I have known Shawn since our Elementary School days in Kingwood, Texas. We later reunited at CU Boulder and became Pi Phi sisters and roommates. Some of our favorite pastimes include having wine and cheese parties in our room, watching horror movies, "crank" calling people, singing in the car, and getting ourselves into laughing fits over nothing at all. Shawn would also make a great plate of Chex and cheese (kind of like nachos) when we would return home from the bars late at night. I think we would probably be embarrassed if people found out how silly and immature we act around each other behind closed doors, but I've never tried to give anyone the impression that I am cool or sophisticated. We went through a phase in college where we liked to rent movies about serial killers. Ted Bundy, Jeffrey Dahmer, you name it. We would finish one and then return it to Blockbuster for the next. So strange...

Shawn introduced me to Knute when I was out visiting her during the summer after our Junior year. The rest is history. It's crazy to think how different my life would be had I never known Shawn. She is one of the most genuine, thoughtful, and funniest people I know and I feel so fortunate to have her as a close friend. Happy Birthday Shawn!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Alix Allocco said...

Shawn is the cutest!! I love the picture of her here too. Happy 27th to her.

Funny thing Paris....I read "the story of us" and then scrolled down to you talking about Shawn....anyway not as funny when written. I had no idea you guys new each other before college. How cool is that.