Friday, June 6, 2008

Our New Plant

We had a good run (about a year and a half), but it was time to part with my old plant. After several months of hoping it would somehow magically revive itself, I realized that it was time to say goodbye. It had been looking pretty sad there towards the end of it's life. At one time it was a beautiful plant with a nice healthy trunk and lots of bright leaves, but I slowly killed it. Some weeks I would over water it and other weeks I would neglect to water it at all. When we would leave town, I would forget to ask someone to take care of it. However, I refuse to give up. I am determined to keep a plant alive. One day I want to have a house full of lush, thriving plants.

I took a trip to Yardbirds and consulted with a sales person about what would be a low maintenance indoor plant. She said that this one requires moderate light and watering about every other day. Hopefully I can keep it alive. I feel like this is a very reasonable goal to set for myself. I am extremely determined and will do whatever it takes to be a better plant owner. Maybe I will sing to this one...

1 comment:

Scott McMillan said...

Good for you Paris. I have come to the conclusion without ever being a plant owner that I would kill a plant within a week.